Skip to main content

Everyday Essentials

I don't know what it is, but I'm always so curious to see what people carry in their purse. I don't know if it's just because I'm nosey, or because I love handbags, but either way, I always want to know!


This backpack and pair of sunglasses were two of my main Christmas presents and I'm so obsessed with both of them. The backpack is a different style of my favorite tote bag, and I already know it's going to be an all-time fave. It holds all of the things I need with plenty of room for more. The sunglasses are ones that I had been eyeing for about a year and am so excited about them. They're my first pair of nice sunglasses and I've been wearing them almost every sunny day here at school! I love that the shape is a little different, but the color is classic and not very trendy.


Post contains affiliate links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Light Glasses

I'm not sure if it's the 10 hours + a day I spend on the computer, or the extra 5 I spend on my phone, but my eyes have been tired recently. This was enough for me to look into blue light glasses and purchase a pair. Blue Light is the light from your computer that can strain your eyes and cause trouble falling and staying asleep. I purchased an  inexpensive pair  just to try them out, and so far I'm really enjoying them. I've forgotten to throw them in my bag a couple of times, and now always wish I had them because I've noticed a significant difference in how tired my eyes feel by two or three pm. So I want to know, have you tried blue light blocking glasses? If so which ones do you have and what do you think of them?

3 Little Things that Help My Anxiety

I've posted a couple of times on here about how I struggle daily with anxiety. Recently some people in my life have been asking me what I do when I feel anxious and how I can combat it, so I thought I would share three things that I do that help me out. 1. Deep Breathing. This helps me out the most when I'm flying. I'm a fairly nervous flyer, for no particular reason other than I tend to dramatize every little thing (every *ding* over the speaker, every turn or dip the plane takes, etc.). Whenever we're taking off or landing, I try and breathe really slowly and deeply so that my body stays relaxed. My old Fitbit  had a guided deep breathing exercise that I would use sometimes. I try to focus as much as I can on my breathing so that I don't think about anything else. And I know this will sound weird, but on my short flights to and from Chicago (45 minutes) I will listen to the same song on repeat the whole flight. One of my go-to's for this is Cough Syrup b...

5 random facts about me

Since I'm just starting out on this blog, I thought I would share 5 super random facts about me! You can learn more on my " about me " page, but I thought five random facts would be a fun way to introduce myself today. I'm a huge Chicago Blackhawks fan, and pride myself in being pretty knowledgable when it comes to Hockey as a sport. However, when it comes to other sports, I'd like to say I have a basic knowledge or understanding of the rules, but I may be giving myself too much credit in saying even that. The only country I've traveled to outside of the United States in Canada, but I love visiting there! I have family outside of Toronto, and have also visited Niagra Falls. It's one of my goals in the next few years to slowly explore more of the country with my family. In case you couldn't tell by my first two facts, my house is a total Winter Sport house (Can't wait for the Winter Olympics to begin next week!). We love to ski, snowm...