Skip to main content

a fresh start


Although this is the first post on this blog, this is not my first blog post. From 2012 to 2016 I wrote a "fashion and lifestyle" blog which went by many names, but for the most part "North Shore Proper." That blog grew with me from my freshman year of high school, all the way through my freshman year of college, and even into the first few months of my sophomore year. I'm halfway through my junior year of college, and for that last few months, I've had this itch to start blogging again.

I guess I should probably explain why I stopped blogging?

The answer is, I don't know. I guess I wasn't finding joy in it anymore, I didn't have enough time to dedicate to it, the fashion blogging world had blown up into a virtually impossible space to thrive, and if we're being real... I got lazy. I can be a very driven person when I want to be, but if it is something I'm not very passionate about, I have trouble finding the motivation. I lost my passion for North Shore Proper, and let it die. (Not really, the site and all my posts are still there if you want to browse through it).

That brings me to this blog. Over the past few months, I've had lots of times where a great idea for a blog post pops into my head, and I think about resurrecting North Shore Proper, but I eventually realized that that blog wasn't the type of blog I wanted to write anymore. This blog will be a little bit of everything, fashion, lifestyle, advice (as if I'm qualified to give advice ha!), and honestly just a collection of my experiences. What I hope I can offer through this blog is a look into the life of a caffeine addicted college student trying to live her best life. I will share more about the title of this blog soon, but for now, just bear with me and follow along. If you have anything you'd like to see in particular here, please let me know! My social media accounts are linked on this page, and you can follow via e-mail through the button at the bottom of the page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Light Glasses

I'm not sure if it's the 10 hours + a day I spend on the computer, or the extra 5 I spend on my phone, but my eyes have been tired recently. This was enough for me to look into blue light glasses and purchase a pair. Blue Light is the light from your computer that can strain your eyes and cause trouble falling and staying asleep. I purchased an  inexpensive pair  just to try them out, and so far I'm really enjoying them. I've forgotten to throw them in my bag a couple of times, and now always wish I had them because I've noticed a significant difference in how tired my eyes feel by two or three pm. So I want to know, have you tried blue light blocking glasses? If so which ones do you have and what do you think of them?

3 Little Things that Help My Anxiety

I've posted a couple of times on here about how I struggle daily with anxiety. Recently some people in my life have been asking me what I do when I feel anxious and how I can combat it, so I thought I would share three things that I do that help me out. 1. Deep Breathing. This helps me out the most when I'm flying. I'm a fairly nervous flyer, for no particular reason other than I tend to dramatize every little thing (every *ding* over the speaker, every turn or dip the plane takes, etc.). Whenever we're taking off or landing, I try and breathe really slowly and deeply so that my body stays relaxed. My old Fitbit  had a guided deep breathing exercise that I would use sometimes. I try to focus as much as I can on my breathing so that I don't think about anything else. And I know this will sound weird, but on my short flights to and from Chicago (45 minutes) I will listen to the same song on repeat the whole flight. One of my go-to's for this is Cough Syrup b...

5 random facts about me

Since I'm just starting out on this blog, I thought I would share 5 super random facts about me! You can learn more on my " about me " page, but I thought five random facts would be a fun way to introduce myself today. I'm a huge Chicago Blackhawks fan, and pride myself in being pretty knowledgable when it comes to Hockey as a sport. However, when it comes to other sports, I'd like to say I have a basic knowledge or understanding of the rules, but I may be giving myself too much credit in saying even that. The only country I've traveled to outside of the United States in Canada, but I love visiting there! I have family outside of Toronto, and have also visited Niagra Falls. It's one of my goals in the next few years to slowly explore more of the country with my family. In case you couldn't tell by my first two facts, my house is a total Winter Sport house (Can't wait for the Winter Olympics to begin next week!). We love to ski, snowm...