Skip to main content

Five on Friday

Hi Friends! I can't believe its already Friday! This week flew by at home, but I'm excited to soon be back in the swing of things at school.

1. New Pajamas
Yesterday I was picking up a new PopSocket for my phone at Target, and then got distracted in the books aisle, and then before I knew it, I had been wandering around Target for an hour and a half. I had been looking through the pajama section but didn't see anything cute, and then as I was walking through the homegoods section I saw the cutest pair of pajamas on display! (Sidenote: Has anyone else's Target been redone to the point where everything is in the oddest places? There were mattresses and school supplies near the entrance, and a random display of toys in the middle of the store...) Anyways, I'm obsessed with these pajamas. They're so comfortable and soft, and the design reminds me of Draper James!

2. New Glasses
Yesterday I had an eye appointment and finally picked out a new pair of glasses. I haven't gotten a new pair in a couple of years now, so I was super excited to find a pair I loved! I can't wait to pick them up later today!

3. Banana Bread
I'm currently waiting for the banana bread I just made to come out of the oven, and it smells so good in here! I used this recipe, and it was super easy to follow!

4. Pinterest
Maybe it's because I've been bored at home all week, but I've been on Pinterest almost every night. I'm still trying to get social media buttons on my blog, but you can follow me here!

5. Heated Blankets
How did we survive without them? Will I be able to go back to school knowing I don't have a heated blanket there? These are the important questions.

I hope you all have an amazing weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Light Glasses

I'm not sure if it's the 10 hours + a day I spend on the computer, or the extra 5 I spend on my phone, but my eyes have been tired recently. This was enough for me to look into blue light glasses and purchase a pair. Blue Light is the light from your computer that can strain your eyes and cause trouble falling and staying asleep. I purchased an  inexpensive pair  just to try them out, and so far I'm really enjoying them. I've forgotten to throw them in my bag a couple of times, and now always wish I had them because I've noticed a significant difference in how tired my eyes feel by two or three pm. So I want to know, have you tried blue light blocking glasses? If so which ones do you have and what do you think of them?

3 Little Things that Help My Anxiety

I've posted a couple of times on here about how I struggle daily with anxiety. Recently some people in my life have been asking me what I do when I feel anxious and how I can combat it, so I thought I would share three things that I do that help me out. 1. Deep Breathing. This helps me out the most when I'm flying. I'm a fairly nervous flyer, for no particular reason other than I tend to dramatize every little thing (every *ding* over the speaker, every turn or dip the plane takes, etc.). Whenever we're taking off or landing, I try and breathe really slowly and deeply so that my body stays relaxed. My old Fitbit  had a guided deep breathing exercise that I would use sometimes. I try to focus as much as I can on my breathing so that I don't think about anything else. And I know this will sound weird, but on my short flights to and from Chicago (45 minutes) I will listen to the same song on repeat the whole flight. One of my go-to's for this is Cough Syrup b...

5 random facts about me

Since I'm just starting out on this blog, I thought I would share 5 super random facts about me! You can learn more on my " about me " page, but I thought five random facts would be a fun way to introduce myself today. I'm a huge Chicago Blackhawks fan, and pride myself in being pretty knowledgable when it comes to Hockey as a sport. However, when it comes to other sports, I'd like to say I have a basic knowledge or understanding of the rules, but I may be giving myself too much credit in saying even that. The only country I've traveled to outside of the United States in Canada, but I love visiting there! I have family outside of Toronto, and have also visited Niagra Falls. It's one of my goals in the next few years to slowly explore more of the country with my family. In case you couldn't tell by my first two facts, my house is a total Winter Sport house (Can't wait for the Winter Olympics to begin next week!). We love to ski, snowm...