Skip to main content

Senior Year

I can't believe I'm already a month into my senior year of college. It's always been going quickly, but I feel like this year has been such a whirlwind already. Professors are already giving out midterms...

I didn't mean to take a break from blogging at all, and certainly not this long of a break, but this blog ended up on the back burner for a while, and slowly creeped out of my mind over the summer. Recently I've been feeling very motivated to get back into blogging because I feel like I'm lacking a substantial creative outlet right now. I think that social media has turned in to such a circus, and just being able to write my thoughts out in an old-school sense has a big appeal to me right now.






Some things that have happened since I've last posted:
+ I've taken the LSAT
+ I've moved into a house in Kentucky
+ I visited Washington DC  and Wintergreen VA with my family
+ I started my senior year *gulp* of college
+ I started a new internship at a law firm
+ I chopped 8 inches of my hair off

I'm having the most fun I've ever had and have the most on my plate I have ever had. This year is going to fly by if I don't get my schedule under control soon, but I'm okay with that as long as I can enjoy it! I hope to use this blog as a place to document memories and share my experiences with anyone willing to listen.

XO
Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Women's Day

Happy International Women's Day to all my fellow ladies. We work so hard every day to live great lives, and are working even harder to improve the lives of those in the future. What an amazing time to be a woman. I mean seriously, in my short lifetime, I've never experienced so much pride in being female. There are so many amazing role models right now for little girls (and big girls) to look up to. It really makes me feel like something big is coming.  Let's all be a part of the change and stand up for what is right every day, and hold up those around us! Compliment the random girl in your philosophy class, like the girl's selfie on Instagram, write a note to your friend when you know she's feeling rough! We deserve greatness and equity, and together we can achieve it! Be sure to hug all of your favorite lady friends extra tight today. As Leslie Knope would say "Uteruses before duderuses!"

reading in 2018

I have quite a few goals for myself in 2018, but one of the major ones is to read more. Last year I had set a goal to read 20 books, and read only about 12. I spend a lot of time looking at screens, whether it be my phone, laptop, or TV. When I was younger, I was a total bookworm. My favorite part of the day was independent reading, and I constantly used to get in trouble for reading books under my desk during class. I got a Kindle for my 14th birthday and you probably would have thought I had gotten a car for how excited I was. that kindle lasted me a few year until the screen broke, and last spring I finally purchased a new Kindle . I purchased the kindle right before I started a series of trips home last spring, as I would be able to read and watch shows while on my flights. Although the Kindle was fairly inexpensive, it has served me very well over the past year. (Tip: I've found that if you leave it in Airplane mode, the battery lasts for days!) I can do a whole review on my

Two Weeks Until Milwaukee

It's hard to believe that in just two shorts weeks, I will be moving into my new apartment in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It's even harder to believe because I will be on vacation for most of those 2 weeks! There is so much to be done and to prepare for in what feels like so little time. As much as there is to do, I don't think that I have been this excited for something in a long time. I keep telling people I feel like it's the week leading up to Christmas. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, this is what I feel like the last ten years of my life have been building to. My earliest memories of seriously considering becoming a lawyer come from middle school, and now here I am, a mere three weeks away from my first class. It's hard to express all of the different emotions I'm feeling regarding this move. I'm sad, of course, to be moving out of my childhood home for what very well may be the last time. I'm excited at the thought of moving to a new city to p